Welcoming a new baby brings a flurry of excitement. With the start of a new life comes the promise of days filled with joy, excitement, adventure, challenges, and achievements. We welcome a new bundle of joy with shower gifts, new baby gifts, and christening presents. When you add your child’s name to a star it will shine over them throughout their lifetime.
From the time we were children, we've been told to “Reach for the Stars” and having a star named for a special child is a fantastic way to educate and inspire a lifetime of discovery. Letting a child adopt a star in their name is perfect for kids of all ages.
Whether you are looking to name a star as a holiday surprise that will always be remembered, honoring a special birthday, awarding a milestone achievement, celebrating an adoption into your family, or shopping for an out-of-this-world Graduation gift, naming a star is an amazing honor that won’t be forgotten.
Spark a child’s imagination and natural curiosity. Knowing that their name is written in the heavens is also a great way to inspire learning, foster a love of exploration of the sciences, and provide your little boy or girl with joy, knowing they are so loved that a star has been named in their honor. Long after the baby clothes are outgrown and childhood toys are lost or put away, the star you name for your child will continue to twinkle overhead.
As your child grows, it’s an honor that will always shine on them into adulthood, no matter how far their travels may take them.
Every star name will be included in Your Place in the Cosmos, which is permanently registered in the United States Copyright office. It is the only published catalog of named stars in the world.
See all our beautiful packages and follow-up gift items Here.
Whether you are looking to adopt a star in the name of a new baby or honoring a special child in your life, it’s a gift that will last forever.
Q. Is buying a star package a good gift for a new baby or Christening?
- A. There is no time more exciting than when your little star is born! Many families make a favorite tradition of naming a star for each new family member. Giving a star to a child is a beautiful gift.
Q. Is naming a star an educational gift for school-age children?
- A. Yes, every package includes a star chart with the precise telescopic coordinates of the star and the star’s location is indicated. The chart has grid marks to locate the star. There is also a booklet about astronomy written by a professional astronomer. This booklet is exclusively available from the International Star Registry.
Q. Can I add other items to my purchase later?
- A. Yes, some of the follow up items popular for children include Jewelry items and the edition of Your Place in the Cosmos containing their star name and location. As adults, many child recipients name stars decades later for their own children.
Q. Can my children have their stars together?
- A. Yes, you can call and name stars for each of your children. We are happy to chart multiple stars together on the same chart. We do not charge extra for this special charting service.
Q. What if my child’s gift package is lost or destroyed?
- A. Once a star is named, it is named forever. All of the star names are recorded alphabetically. You can contact us via email or by phone to order reprints. We have records going back to 1979.
Q. Is this a good gift for my children’s teachers?
- A. Definitely. Many classrooms have joined together to name stars as thank you or retirement gifts for a special teacher. Likewise, many teachers, schools, and camps have named stars for their classrooms.